Saturday, July 20, 2013

pyelm327

Last night I set up a bitbucket account and this morning I got the setup.py script working for my ELM-327 device library/driver.

Here is the link: https://bitbucket.org/xtacocorex/pyelm327

The documentation isn't all there yet on how to install and run, but I did provide a sample script that you'll have to edit.  On Linux the script has to be run with sudo or you need to change the device permissions of the com-port the ELM-327 device creates.  No elevated permissions are necessary for OS X.  I haven't tested it on Windows yet.

From my testing so far, the com ports defined in the elm327unitttest.py script are as follows:
OS X: /dev/tty.SLAB_USBtoUART
Debian Based: /dev/serial/by-id/usb-Silicon_Labs_CP2102_USB_to_UART_Bridge_Controller_0001-if00-port0

Windows will probably have it be COMX, where X was the next available com port when the device was attached.

I set up an issue tracker on the bitbucket page, so if you run into issues with the library, put the issues there and I'll take a look at them.

This is a mostly complete library, but there could be issues that I haven't run across.

I plan to add some more of the ELM-327 command set, I only wrote the basic stuff I needed for the CarHUD.

No comments:

Post a Comment